– Spring/Fall Partnership Meetings
2020 Spring Partnership Meeting
June 5, 2020
To keep everyone safe during these uncertain time, we will meet virtually this year. Please join us online to learn about the York County Open Space and Land Preservation Fund, the Dillsburg Heart & Soul Project, and the South Mountain Trolley Greenway rail trail. All participants must register in advance to receive the log-on instructions via email a few days prior to the event.
Fall 2019 Recap
Nearly 80 people from across the South Mountain region gathered at the Terrace Trellis at Penn National Golf Course Community in Fayetteville (Franklin County) on September 13 for the annual Fall Partnership Meeting. The purpose of this meeting (and the one in the fall) is to bring together all partners and interested parties to build relationships and collaborations.
This year’s fall meeting continued the focus on local water quality and watershed health, which the Partnership began during the spring 2019 meeting and will continue to highlight through other events in the coming years.
Presentations from the event can be viewed here:
– Meeting Overview and Public-Private Partnerships for Clean Water from Katie Hess of the South Mountain Partnership and Allyson Gibson of Lancaster Clean Water Partners
– Mapping for Water Quality from Katie Walker of the Chesapeake Conservancy
– Programs for Watershed Implementation Plans (WIPs) from Yvonne Lemelle and Jessica Trimble from the Department of Community and Economic Development.
You can also read a recap of the meeting’s focus on water resources, written by Carolyn Seibert-Drager, Co-Chair of the South Mountain Partnership Communications Subcommittee, here.
About the meeting: Twice annually (Spring and Fall), the Partnership holds a Partnership-wide meeting in which all partners and interested parties are invited to come together and build relationships and collaborations. These meetings are a chance to:
- Connect or reconnect with the Partnership, learning more about the initiative and on-going projects;
- Build and strengthen a network amongst organizations working throughout the region;
- Spark conversation and collaboration across political and sectorial boundaries;
- Help partners understand opportunities to engage in the on-going work of the Partnership;
and allow partners to help define the direction of the Partnership.