With a wave of new grant opportunities and emergency funding for farmers, it can be tough to know where to start—or if you even should.
Grants can help your farm upgrade, innovate, and grow. But the application process can have a steep learning curve and a quick turnaround. With no guarantee of funding, it’s important to ask yourself if a grant is right for your farm and worth the work.
In this webinar you’ll hear from a farmer who successfully—and unsuccessfully—applied for funding, a grants administrator, and consultants from Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers. You’ll learn how to identify funding sources that make sense for your farm’s goals. You’ll also learn about the ebb and flow of funding cycles, the differences between grants and emergency funds, strategies for getting prepared to apply for grants, and resources for getting help.
- Lindsey Shapiro, Farmer and Co-Owner of Root Mass Farm
- Raechel Sattazahn, Knowledge Center Director at AgChoice Farm Credit
- Winifred McGee, Business Consultant at The University of Scranton SBDC
- Elizabeth Hay, Business Consultant at Penn State SBDC Agriculture Center of Excellence
- Tabitha Barbarito, Project Manager at Pasa
- Online registration closes one hour prior to the event.
- Recordings will be provided to registrants within one to two weeks of the live event.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.