Photo by Loy Elliott
The ‘Spirit of South Mountain’ Award
Every year the South Mountain Partnership recognizes an individual, project, or organization that has made significant contributions to advancing a positive and sustainable future for the South Mountain landscape. The Spirit of South Mountain award is to be presented at the annual “Power of the Partnership” year-end celebration in January.
Award nominations will be judged based on the degree to which they:
- reflect the mission of South Mountain Partnership: “Conserving Landscape Resources to enrich the quality of life and sense of place of the South Mountain region’s citizens and communities
- advance the goals of the South Mountain Partnership:
- Conservation of Landscape Resources – conserving and stewarding the natural, cultural, recreational and agricultural resources that make the South Mountain landscape unique;
- Promotion of Landscape Resources – elevating public awareness of the natural, cultural, recreational, and agricultural resources;
- Connections Across the Landscape – creating a community of collaboration amongst a critical mass of public agencies, non-profit and community organizations, businesses, and citizens.
To Nominate – How to Apply
Nomination forms must be submitted by Friday, December 16th, 2016; award presentation will occur during the 6th annual “Power of the Partnership” year-end celebration in January 2017. To nominate a project, please click on the blue button, complete the form, and send it to Katie Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach her at 717-258-5771.